Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Crested Butte Writer's Conference

Wow, what a beautiful setting!


I went with Marie Sexton and had a great time. Marie and I seem to have a lot in common, more than just both writing m/m fiction. I tried to keep my fan-girl under control but I love Marie's writing.  My favorites are the Oestend series. I urge you to check them out. http://mariesexton.net/

We met lots of great writers and other industry professionals like Mark Coker of Smashwords, Carlie Webber of Webber Assoc. (an agent), Christen Trimmer of Simon & Schuster books for young adults and Jessica Williams of William Morrow. The Crested Butte Writers are a great bunch of folks who write all kinds of fiction. 

Kristen Lamb ruled as the best speaker IMHO. Despite food poisoning and altitude issues, she was the most dynamic speaker I've seen in a very  long time.  Her three classes were not only funny and engaging but she gave lots of good information and really knew her topics including some cool back ground on communication through the ages. The best part, her classes weren't just plugs for her books! I really hate when I sit through an hour long live infomercial. Thanks to Kristen I have a new plan for blogging.  Yes, I will be blogging more often and bopping over to facebook and twitter, too. 

I'll be picking up her books: "We Are Not Alone" and when it comes out July 4th, "Rise of the Machines—Human Authors in a Digital World".  You can find out more about Kristen on her blogs: http://warriorwriters.wordpress.com/ and http://authorkristenlamb.com/

She's created a whole online community called the WANA's.  I've been checking that out too.  Looks really cool.

Who are your favorite speakers?


No comments:

Post a Comment